1/2 a medium celeriac
1 small onion
olive oil and butter for frying the onion
350ml double cream
50g parmesan cheese
salt & pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 170℃ (fan)
2. Cut the celeriac into four pieces, peel them and cut each slice into slices, about the thickness of a pound coin. Put the slices into a bowl of lemon water.
3. Peel and finely slice the onion and fry gently in the butter and oil until golden brown. This can take about 20 minutes.
4. Put a layer of celeriac into the bottom of your chosen dish and sprinkle with some of the onion and a little salt and pepper. Repeat this with another layer and so on finishing with a layer of celeriac.
5. Put enough water into the cream so it is the consistency of single cream.
6. Pour the cream over the dish until the liquid reaches the top.
7. Sprinkle with lots of grated parmesan and place on a baking sheet, in case it bubbles over.
8. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, until golden and the celeriac is tender.
Nutritional information per serving:
Total carbs: 9g
Net carbs: 7g